Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole is a scrumptious “loaded baked” blend of crisp-tender cauliflower florets, cheddar cheese, bacon, and creamy sauce. Plus, it’s super easy to make! Perfect for the holidays, or anytime!
- 48– ounces frozen cauliflower, cooked according the package directions and drained
- 1 (8- ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon (I like the brand Better Than Bouillon)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- optional garnish – sliced green onions
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat a 2- quart baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Cook the cauliflower according to the package directions and drain well.
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese and bouillon. Stir to combine. Mix in the sour cream, cheddar cheese, bacon, and seasonings until incorporated.
- Add the drained cauliflower into the cream cheese mixture and stir to incorporate. Transfer the mixture into the prepared pan. Set aside.
- Place butter in a medium skillet. Melt the butter over medium heat and add in the panko breadcrumbs. Stirring frequently, cook the breadcrumbs until lightly toasted.
- Sprinkle the toasted breadcrumbs on top of the cauliflower.
- Bake uncovered for 18 – 20 minutes.
You can store this casserole in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Using steam-in-bag microwavable cauliflower makes it even easier!
Keywords: baked cauliflower recipes, christmas side dishes, loaded cauliflower casserole, thanksgiving sides