M&M Cookie Bars are soft and buttery, loaded with M&M candies and chocolate chips. Perfect for parties, the holidays, or a lunch box treat!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 1/4 cups Mini M&Ms (*see note)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional – 1/4 cup M&Ms and 2 tablespoons chocolate chips to press on top before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper. Coat with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, salt, baking powder, and cornstarch and mix until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until incorporated.
- Stir in the M&Ms and chocolate chips until combined.
- Spread the cookie dough into the prepared pan, if desired press additional M&Ms and chocolate chips into the top of the dough, and bake for 25 – 30 minutes until the edges are golden and the center is almost set.
- Allow to cool in the pan completely before cutting into bars.
*I like to use a combo of regular size and mini M&Ms because I like the look of both sizes in the finished product. This is not necessary, you can use all minis or all regular.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days
Freeze airtight for up to 30 days.
Keywords: cookies and cups, christmas cookies, cookie bar, cookie recipe, mm cookies