If you’re a big fan of classic Chinese takeout food, you’ll love this homemade Beef and Broccoli recipe! Juicy beef slices are mixed in with sautéed broccoli and stir fry sauce for a delicious dinner.
Beef and Broccoli
- 2 pounds sirloin steak,
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds broccoli, (about 10 cups cut into florets)
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2/3 light brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 – 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper, depending on how hot you like it
- Freeze steak for 30 minutes to make it easier to slice. Cut broccoli into florets and set aside.
- Stir Fry Sauce: In a medium bowl whisk together soy sauce, water, brown sugar, cornstarch, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- Remove the steak from the freezer and slice it thinly into bite sized pieces.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the broccoli and sauté for 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Remove from the pan.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil into the pan and turn the heat up to high. Add the sliced beef in 2 batches, cooking for 2 minutes, until browned. Remove from the heat and add the remaining beef.
- Turn the pan down to medium, add all the beef back to the pan, and pour in the prepared sauce. Stir to combine, and bring to a boil. Simmer for 3 – 4 minutes until slightly thickened. Add the broccoli back to the pan and stir to coat in the sauce. If the sauce gets too thick add in 1 – 2 tablespoons of water (or chicken stock) to thin it out.
- Serve over white rice and garnish with sesame seeds and chives.
Garnish – sesame seeds and chives.
Keywords:: beef and broccoli stir fry, beef and broccoli recipe, beef and broccoli sauce, beef dinner ideas, chinese takeout recipes