Sweet Banana Blueberry Muffins are made with ripe bananas and fresh, juicy blueberries. These homemade fruit-filled muffins are a delicious make-ahead breakfast, and they’re freezer-friendly, too!
- 3 medium bananas
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups blueberries
- Optional – 1/4 cup coarse sugar for tops of muffins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in a muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mash the bananas with a fork, leaving them slightly lumpy, and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the butter and sugar. Mix in the eggs and vanilla and stir until smooth. Add the sour cream, mashed bananas, baking soda, and salt, and stir until blended. Next mix in the flour until incorporated.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Top each muffin with an equal portion of the coarse sugar if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, and then remove and cool on a wire rack, or serve warm.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days. Freeze airtight for up to 30 days.
Keywords:: banana blueberry muffins, easy banana muffins